Here are some tips and advice that will assist you in your training and preparation for the big day.
You dont need to be super human to take part ina triathlon but you do need to be sensible and complete some training to get round the course.
Below is some tried and tested advice
- Start each discipline at a steady pace and increase your speed as you progress round the course.
- If you have an exsisting bike call into your local bike shop to check its safe and set up corrdctly, we wouldn't recomend buying a new bike for your first triathlon. Get one under your belt and if its for you there are absolutely loads out there to go for.
- Always wear a helmet, pedals with clips will also help you.
- If you call into a good running shop they should be able to get you on the treadmill and analyze your running style and find shoes to match - this can avoid injury.
- You need to take on fuel before during and after training to get the most out of it and speed recovery.
- Always plan to arrive early for your race so you have plenty of time to prep and arrange equipment.
- Familurise yourself with entry and exit points in transistion area